As Princess Diana, Princess Charles, and Prince William all grew up in the shadow of the notorious sexual exploitation scandal that rocked Britain in the late 1970s and early 1980s, they were forced to contend with the fallout.
Princess Diana was the first child of a wealthy British aristocrat and had to contend constantly with allegations of her father, Prince Charles, abusing her as young as three, and with the sexual exploitation of her mother, Princess Margaret.
The abuse came to a head when a 17-year-old Diana told a court of police that her father was a man who had “wanted to do it to her.”
She was charged with indecent assault and indecent assault of a child, but the charges were later dropped.
After Diana’s death in 1989, the prince was tried for abuse but acquitted.
After a royal commission into the abuse, the British government announced that it would investigate allegations that Charles had abused his daughters and had also abused young boys, and that he had been the subject of a royal inquiry.
On January 5, 1997, Princess Diana died after a short illness.
Charles was found not guilty of all charges, and the royal commission closed with no charges being brought.
The prince’s son, Prince William, was accused of sexually assaulting his mother, and a royal inquest into the deaths of the princesses was announced in December 1997.
The inquest found that the prince had suffered “severe” psychological and emotional damage from the abuse of his father, but found no evidence to support allegations that he abused Princess Diana.
However, the royal commissions investigation into the death of Princess Diana did find that “in certain circumstances” the king and his brother had abused Princess Margaret, and found that “some of the sexual acts taken by Princess Margaret occurred in her presence.”
The royal commission also found that Princess Margaret had suffered psychological and physical trauma from her relationship with the king.
A royal commission of inquiry into the royal family also found no conclusive evidence that Charles ever raped Princess Diana or that he did not abuse Princess Margaret or his sisters.
In 2005, after the death and burial of Princess Margaret’s husband, Prince Andrew, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were asked to give evidence in a Royal Commission into the sexual abuse of children.
In their testimony, they said that they did not know of any allegations against Prince Andrew and they had never seen any such allegations.
A year later, in 2013, the then-premier, David Cameron, made a rare public apology for the royal child abuse scandal.
In a speech at the Conservative party conference in October, he said that “the last decade has seen the Royal Family subjected to a full-scale public inquiry into allegations of sexual abuse, which has resulted in a full and thorough investigation.”
Cameron also announced that the royal inquiry would be made public.
In 2017, the House of Lords, in a report, concluded that the “systemic failure to protect children from the Royal Household’s abuse and neglect led to the tragic death of Diana.”
It also concluded that “no evidence has been uncovered that any member of the Royal family committed or condoned the abuse.”
The Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Royal Child Abuse and neglect was chaired by Dame Janet Smith, the former chair of the royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
The report’s findings are due out in 2019.
In 2015, the Royal Commission on Institutional Response to Child Abuse released a report detailing a series of failures in the investigation into Diana and her brother.
In particular, the report found that no formal investigation of Diana’s claim was initiated, that the police were slow to act on it, and did not make any arrests.
“The police did not investigate the claims or any of the allegations of child abuse made against Diana.
The police did so in a way that, to date, has been described as ‘troubling,'” the report stated.
“There is a lack of a proper independent inquiry, and this is reflected in the fact that the CPS has never initiated any formal investigation into these claims.”
The British royal family and royal family institutions, including the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Princess Margaret Foundation, the Prince Philip Foundation, and several other institutions, were found to have engaged in “systematic failures” in the handling of Diana and the Princess.
These failures included: failing to conduct a formal investigation; failing to respond to the allegations in a timely fashion; failing not to report any of its own findings to the police; failing, in fact, to take any steps to ensure that the complaints were taken seriously; failing in failing to address concerns raised by the CPS and other independent agencies; failing “to establish a culture of trust and confidence within the Royal household and the Royal Institutions;” failing to provide adequate support for Diana and other victims; and failing to investigate any of these failures, particularly in relation to the handling and handling of the Princess’s claims.
In January 2017, after months